Tuesday 24 January 2017

Craft storage and organisation in small spaces

I thought I would share with you my craft storage and organisation solutions in a small space or where you don't have a dedicated room. Now I loosely say organisation as I am a messy crafter so start with good intentions and do have a place for everything, but as I constantly use the areas they always have that used look.

So firstly the main crafting area. I have a computer desk. The slide out area for the keyboard is ideal for keeping the Stampin Up scoreboard, scrub and acrylic blocks case carrier. I have a wall boxed shelving unit above for punches, inkpads, reinker, dies and embossing folders. To the left is a 6 drawer plastic container which fits our 12" x 12" dsp and cardstock. On the desk are several containers for scraps, embellishments, daubers and tools. When I am sitting at my desk everything is at hands' reach.

My son was throwing out a metal mechanics filing cabinet which holds our A4 cardstock perfectly and fits the big shot perfectly on top so always ready for use. My stamp sets are housed in an antique rotary bookcase which makes it part of the furniture in the room and is always a talking point for any visitors.

So in a relatively small space with an eclectic mix of storage solutions crafting can always be ready and available to use. Hope you've found this useful and happy crafting everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment